The National Rental Standard may collect and process the following data about You:
- Information You give Us either directly or via Agents.
- Information We collect about You.
- Information We receive about You from other sources.
We use information held about You in the following ways:
- to carry out Our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between You and Us and to provide You with the information and services that You request from Us;
- to provide You with information about other services We may offer that are similar to those that You have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide You, or, with Your permission, permit carefully selected third parties to provide You with information about goods or services We feel may interest You. Where We permit selected third parties to use Your data, We (or they) will contact You by electronic means (email or text message) only if You have consented to this. If You do not want Us to use Your data in this way, or to pass Your details on to carefully selected third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which We collect Your data (this box will be on the relevant registration e-mail We send to You);
- to notify You about changes to Our services; and
- to ensure that content from Our Website is presented in the most effective manner for You and for Your computer.
Information We collect about You.
We will use this information:
- to administer Our Website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve Our Website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for You and for Your computer;
- to allow You to participate in interactive features of Our service, when You choose to do so;
- as part of Our efforts to keep Our Website safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising We send to You and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to You;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to You and other users of Our Website about goods or services that may interest You or them.
Information We receive about You from other sources.
We may combine this information with information You give to Us and information We collect about You. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information We receive).
Not only will we be able to work with you more closely to manage your existing tenancy agreement, your track record as a tenant will enable Experian to use the information supplied to them to assist other landlords and organisations to:
- assess and manage any new tenancy agreements you may enter into;
- assess your financial standing to provide you with suitable products and services;
- manage any accounts that you may already hold, for example reviewing suitable products or adjusting your product in light of your current circumstances;
- contact you in relation to any accounts you may have and recovering debts that you may owe;
- verifying your identity, age and address, to help other organisations make decisions about the services they offer;
- help to prevent crime, fraud and money laundering;
- screen marketing offers to make sure they are appropriate to your circumstances;
- for Experian to undertake statistical analysis, analytics and profiling,
- and for Experian to conduct system and product testing and database processing activities, such as data loading, data matching and data linkage.
If you would like to see more information on these, and to understand how the credit reference agencies each use and share rental data as bureau data (including the legitimate interests each pursues) this information is provided in this link: www.experian.co.uk/crain (Credit Reference Agency Information Notice (CRAIN)). (For a paper copy, please get in touch with us or with Experian using the contact details in this letter).
In order to process your application, we may perform credit and identity checks on you with one or more credit reference agencies (“CRAs”). Where you take services from us we may also make periodic searches at CRAs to manage your account with us. To do this, we will supply your personal information to CRAs and they will give us information about you. This will include information from your application and about your financial situation and financial history. CRAs will supply to us both public (including the electoral register) and shared credit, financial situation and financial history information and fraud prevention information.
We will use this information to:
- Assess your creditworthiness and whether you can afford to take the product;
- Verify the accuracy of the data you have provided to us;
- Prevent criminal activity, fraud and money laundering;
- Manage your account(s);
- Trace and recover debts; and
- Ensure any offers provided to you are appropriate to your circumstances.
When CRAs receive a search from us they will place a search footprint on your credit file that may be seen by other organisations.